Sunday, June 02, 2024

QAnon quackery or something real?

I can't make heads or tails of this, so for the moment, I lean toward quackery, but this would be cool if it turned out to be the real thing. The problem, as you might imagine, is that our side has been burned many times before: "Red Wave," "release the kraken," etc.—all false hopes. People talk big and don't deliver, and that's a problem on both sides of the aisle. Trump's 90-some indictments are all going down in flames for being big-talk nothingburgers, and this guy strikes me as quite possibly unhinged, promising big and delivering little. But I found what he had to say amusing in a fantastical sort of way, so here we are. What I really want him to do is go out there with a sniper rifle. I've been half-joking about this for some time now: we could solve so many problems with a dedicated sniper team, all striking at the same time.

But as one commenter to the video wrote: I'll believe it when I see it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING!

All comments are subject to approval before they are published, so they will not appear immediately. Comments should be civil, relevant, and substantive. Anonymous comments are not allowed and will be unceremoniously deleted. For more on my comments policy, please see this entry on my other blog.

AND A NEW RULE (per this post): comments critical of Trump's lying must include criticism of Biden's lying on a one-for-one basis! Failure to be balanced means your comment will not be published.