Friday, October 04, 2024

coming soon: a photo essay of the walk to Bundang

I hadn't walked to Bundang, a district in Seongnam City, in a long time. On Thursday, I had intended to walk starting around 2:30 p.m., but after an unintended nap from which I woke up at 4:45 p.m., I didn't start until about 5:25 p.m. It gets darker more quickly these days, and although I began in daylight, things rapidly got crepuscular. Expect a photo essay sometime Friday afternoon.

Otherwise, the plan is to train out to Hanam City early Saturday morning with a small, loaded backpack and do the 35K walk out to Yangpyeong. I'll then stay overnight in Yangpyeong and do the 33K walk out to Yeoju on Sunday and train or bus back to Seoul Sunday afternoon or evening. Just in time for my Monday-morning dental appointment at 10:00 a.m.! Yippie!

Yippie.

ADDENDUM: I didn't do the stairs after the walk to Hanam. Too damn tired. It was a slow walk, too, about an hour longer than during my pre-stroke days.



1 comment:

  1. Embrace your new normal. You may be slower, but you are still out there racking up the kilometers.

    Enjoy your weekend of walking!

    ReplyDelete

READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING!

All comments are subject to approval before they are published, so they will not appear immediately. Comments should be civil, relevant, and substantive. Anonymous comments are not allowed and will be unceremoniously deleted. For more on my comments policy, please see this entry on my other blog.

AND A NEW RULE (per this post): comments critical of Trump's lying must include criticism of Biden's lying on a one-for-one basis! Failure to be balanced means your comment will not be published.