Wednesday, November 14, 2012

once more unto the breach

My buddy Tom in Seoul tells me that Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU), where he teaches, is once again looking to purge some English profs and hire new ones-- but not yet. So I'm waiting for Tom's signal to send over my application documents, all of which I'd filled out months ago in my first attempt at applying to SKKU. What I may do, just to pass the time, is render all the documents in PDF form and bind them together into a single, multi-page PDF. Much easier to send, and more straightforward to boot.

There's a chance that SKKU may require a face-to-face interview, which is the stupidest requirement I can think of. In that event, Tom has expressed a willingness to pay my airfare to Korea, although he says he'd need repayment "ASAFP." I'm not sure I can repay Tom that fast, so I'm hoping SKKU will content itself with a Skype interview.

We'll see. Always in motion is the future.


_

1 comment:

John from Daejeon said...

Take a look at Dave's for a lot of other recent openings on the southern peninsula. If you have all your ducks in a row, you have a good shot of getting a position, but they are getting a bit more selective these days.