Sunday, January 09, 2022

scenes from last night's walk

Here are some pictures from my walk last night. I finally crossed the stone footbridge by the airbase and walked the dirt path next to the base's wall. 

A look southward down the dirt path by the airbase. Creek on the left.

Lights, barbed wire, and a tower.

More lights looking southward toward Seongnam City.

Looking northward back to Seoul.

Past the base, now: a bridge and its reflection.

The bike/pedestrian path on this side of Coal Creek.

What the hell are these steps that lead nowhere? Are they just there to look pretty? Are you supposed to be able to sit there? I was fascinated and mystified. There were several such stairs-to-nowhere along this part of the path.

Dead grass in winter. Bike path to the right of the grass; walking path to the left.

The night wasn't as cold as all that. I'm guessing the temperature was above freezing for most of the walk; I was unmasked and ungloved. The walk along the dirt path was rough; the ground was frequently uneven. Crossing over to get to the dirt path was a nightmare: the footbridge stretching across the creek was 48 stones long, and I have balance issues exacerbated by the stroke. I made it, though, thanks to my trekking pole and a deliberately slow pace. That was easily the most adventurous part of my evening. 



No comments: