Friday, September 23, 2022

gay anti-groomer makes big splash

Maybe I'm siding with the liberals on this one, or maybe I'm being a libertarian, but I am, frankly, sick of listening to people who constantly associate being gay with being some sort of pedophile. And yet here we are, at a point in history where it's news that a gay man is also an anti-groomer. Let this be a lesson to conservatives out there who remain convinced that all gays want to fuck babies. To be gay simply means that you like someone of the same sex. Period. It has nothing to do with, say, predator priests (and that's a rant for another day as well, given how many good-egg priests I personally know) or other fetishists turned on by kids. Pedophilia is a perversion; homosexuality is not. There—I said it.

I have a dog in this fight because my brother Sean is gay. I proudly officiated his wedding back in 2015. Sean has been happily married ever since. Among the many things he does as a professional musician, he's a private tutor, so he has a revolving door of kids streaming through his home in the Chicago suburbs. Would this be possible if my brother were some sort of twisted sex offender? It really makes my blood boil when I read, usually on the Instapundit comment threads, some asshole talking about how gay marriage is a social problem, and how gays need to keep the hell away from our kids. Fuck you, Jack. Seriously, fuck—you.

The sarcastic joke was, back in the day, that, with gays now having the right to marry, they too can now experience the joys of divorce. Oh, what innocent times those were then. Now, though, everything is groomer this and groomer that. I get that pedophilia is a serious issue: I don't mean to downplay that at all. But stop making this an exclusively gay problem. It isn't. Is a grown man who fancies elementary-school girls gay?

All that said, I just saw on The Liberty Daily that a certain Gays Against Groomers video was lighting things up, so I've embedded the tweet containing that video here:





1 comment:

John Mac said...

You know, I've never picked up on that vibe that being gay means you are more likely to be a pedophile. I honestly don't think of people like the infamous Catholic priests as being gay; I just see them as the sick bastards they are (I'm talking about perverts, not the vast majority of priests). I don't know if there has been a study done on this, but I'd bet there are more straight pedophiles than gay ones, percentage-wise.

Anyway, the transgender indoctrination going on in schools is something that should concern everyone regardless of sexual orientation. This "gays against groomers" movement is important in making that distinction. That's why the left is going all out to cancel them.