Friday, September 23, 2022

with sadness, I await my parcels

I woke up way too late this morning to go out and visit the Hanjin Taekbae building; I'll try them on Monday. So my methyl cellulose drama continues, and I suspect it's going to continue until after I'm back from my Jeju and Andong Dam walks.

The other parcel I'm waiting for contains two tee shirts, both related to the current walk. One is a "classic tee"; the other is a "comfort tee." I was hoping to get these tees well before leaving for the Jeju walk next Wednesday, but it's looking more and more as if that's not going to happen. How sad. Well, there's still Monday and Tuesday, I guess. Maybe a miracle will happen, and if I think positively about this, my shirts will arrive too late to be used, which means they'll be spared the torture-testing of a nearly 450-kilometer hike.

The methyl cellulose thing really bugs me, though. Not a word from Hanjin that there's any problem. I did try calling the Hanjin computer-voice hotline again last night to check on my order status, and the voice said that the shipment was on its way, with no mention of there being any problem. So maybe I don't need to do anything. I don't know. Different sources are giving different messages. Amazon says there's a delay at Customs. One section of the Hanjin website also says there's a delay; another part of the website says nothing about any problem. Last night's phone call resulted in an "it's on its way" message. I have no idea what to think, what to believe. Since Hanjin never sent me a message indicating any problem, it's tempting to think nothing is wrong. But since we should always default to Murphy's Law when there's any doubt, I suspect there's a holdup, and that I'm supposed to supply my Customs-release number or passport number to get the ball rolling. Only Hanjin never told me to do so.

By next Wednesday, I'll be back-burnering all these problems. Once I'm firmly back in civilization, I'll worry about them again. Meanwhile...

the path ahead is long and rough
but morning sun will be enough
our pace, so eager, knows no slack
we walk across the dragon's back!


 

No comments: