Thursday, April 13, 2023

Elon Musk vs. the BBC

Elon Musk sits down to interview with a drone from the BBC. The drone claims there's been "a rise in hate speech" on platforms like Twitter, and when Musk asks the reporter to name one example of such hate speech, the reporter is utterly unable to do so. Tim Pool comments that this is an example of "the banality of evil": the reporter is probably just unthinkingly passing along some nonsense he'd heard, believing it uncritically, despite his claim to have experienced this "rise in hate speech" personally. But this sort of ignorant action is reflective of a much larger, more sinister, system-wide push to corral society down a particular path. Journalists are a bunch of idiots, but for the hidden powers, they're useful idiots.





3 comments:

John Mac said...

It looks like the video has been deleted; at least, it is not visible to me.

Kevin Kim said...

I just tried it, and it's working for me. You might simply have to hit "refresh."

John Mac said...

It's there now. Yeah, I'm having some issues. I hope I haven't picked up a virus or something. I rebooted my computer, and hopefully that's all I need...