Tuesday, April 18, 2023

excerpt from The Devil's Hand

I'm on the fourth book of Jack Carr's series of novels about the adventures of James Reece. This one is called The Devil's Hand. I'm currently at the part where Reece has successfully captured an Iranian spymaster who has tried to engineer a bioterror attack on US soil. The bad guy says something significant to Reece (the story takes place in 2021):

Your country is on its knees, Commander. Your response to COVID surprised even our brightest minds. Close down your schools and businesses and destroy your economy for a virus with less than a 0.3-percent mortality rate? With that kind of a response, what would you do with a respiratory virus with a ninety-percent mortality rate? I wanted to call the operation off; you were already doing such a good job destroying yourselves from within.

Yeah, I've long wondered about that response myself. I understand that we were all confused and frightened for the first few months of the pandemic, but when real numbers and information starting coming out about the nature of the virus and how to treat it, and when "experts" and authorities suppressed information that could have helped the populace, that's when I knew something deeply wrong and deeply evil was afoot.



1 comment:

John Mac said...

Yeah, it seemed to me very early on that it was a scamdemic. But why? Are the experts really that incompetent, or was there some ulterior motive? I know lots of people made a fortune, but it is hard to accept that it was all about the money. It feels to me that we were being groomed for something to come. Or is that just COVID paranoia?