Sunday, April 16, 2023

"Star Trek: Picard": succumbing to temptation

The Paramount+ streaming service is offering a free week of viewing, after which you have to pay $9.99/month. I'm using my free week to binge-watch Season 3 of "Star Trek: Picard," about which I've heard so many good things. I binged four episodes last night, and I'll watch five more tonight and/or tomorrow. Season 3 goes for ten episodes; the new episodes appear on Thursdays, and since I started my Paramount+ experience yesterday, I'll finish the season with time to spare, then drop Paramount before the charges kick in. I missed the opportunity to buy the episodes off Apple TV; currently, only Episode 1 is downloadable for free. Individual episodes were on sale only a couple weeks ago, but I missed that train, so this is a bit like my situation with "The Mandalorian," Seasons 1 and 2, which I watched on Disney+ before canceling that service. I didn't buy those seasons, either, so all I have are my fading memories. Then again, I think both "The Mandalorian" and "Picard" might be available on DVD/Blu-ray, so I might end up purchasing both that way (not Season 3 of "Mando," which all the critics are saying is garbage). I'll be sure to write a review of "Picard," Season 3, once I finish it. It's tempting to go back and hate-watch Seasons 1 and 2 just to provide a point of contrast, but none of my go-to reviewers seems to think those seasons are worth the trouble.



2 comments:

Curtis S. said...

You might enjoy “The Offer” on Paramount+. 10 episodes about the making of The Godfather.
Matthew Goode stands out in his performance as Robert Evans.

Kevin Kim said...

Thanks, Curtis.