Thursday, January 18, 2024

migration

A long, long time ago, I talked about eventually migrating away from YouTube. As more and more of my favorite YouTubers are becoming aware of free-speech platforms like Rumble, they are establishing a presence there and simultaneously slapping up new videos on both YouTube and Rumble (etc.). As this happens more and more, there's less and less reason for me to stay on YouTube, so as you've seen with my recent embedding of Timcast videos from Rumble, I myself am finally starting to move Rumbleward. The migration might take a while, but it's happening, and in due time—no more YouTube. Rumble's also not asking me for $10 a month just to see ad-free content. Not asking me yet, I mean. Rumble isn't nearly as popular as YouTube, but it's getting there as more people make the move.



1 comment:

John Mac said...

It is very concerning that the big tech platforms engage in censorship for their own agendas and at the government's bidding. And the subtle ways they suppress viewpoints, like Google search results, keep the ignorant in the dark. Scary times that even Orwell probably couldn't have imagined.

Hopefully, Rumble will continue to grow and prosper.