Friday, March 18, 2011

your moment of Saint Paddy's Day joy

First, a song sung by the cast of the most Irish movie of them all.

Next, an actual clip from that movie, which rapidly became one of my favorites when I finally saw it a year or two ago.

Finally, a video made by the cast that didn't make it into the movie (except perhaps as voiceover during the opening or ending credits). In the actual movie, we never see Robert Arkins, the lead singer in this video, singing. In reality, he was one of the most versatile musical performers in the cast.

Erin Go Bragh! One of these years, I need to get to Ireland.


_

2 comments:

Charles said...

I spent a weekend in Ireland (in and around Dublin) when I was studying in London. It's a beautiful country, and everyone I met there was almost pathologically friendly. Plus it's the birthplace of Guinness! It's a great place, and I hope I have the chance to go back and spend some real time traveling around.

John from Daejeon said...

How could your link not lead us to this Irish masterpiece?