Wednesday, March 16, 2011

the voice of common sense

ROK Drop has been covering the disaster in Japan. This post struck me as eminent common sense, based on what we now know. In particular, this sounded like excellent advice:

If people are really concerned about Chernobyl 2 occurring[, then] watch what the US military does with dependents at Misawa, Atsugi, Yokosuka, and other bases in Japan. If they are evacuated[, then] you know things are much worse than what the Japanese government is reporting.


_

1 comment:

Joel said...

No, America has a tendency to be overly cautious with its citizens, particularly those that are not vital to a mission. The State Department warned me against going to Thailand last year during the colored shirt riots and I can tell you, aside from hostels and beaches being emptier (which is probably a good thing) I noticed no differences. The fact is that the media, particularly the US and European media (but the Korean media hasn't been much better) have blown the situation out of proportion based on what it might be rather than what it is.That being said, if you're afraid get out. It's just my opinion that being afraid of radiation poisoning in Japan now is like being afraid that I am going to die from a full scale war between North Korea and South Korea because I live in Seoul. The media will play it up that way, but everyone who has lived her knows differently. Anyway I just wanted to say hello. I haven't commented in a long time, but I lurk around. Hope things are good with you. P.S. Have you heard from Andi lately?