Sunday, April 08, 2012

Happy Easter!

Went to a Holy Saturday vigil with my buddy Mike. It was a long mass, about three hours in all, and it involved quite a few extras: multiple baptisms and confirmations, extra scriptural readings (Mike was one of the lectors), and plenty of singing. I can't remember the last time I set foot in a church. It's been a year or more, I'd guess, and I'm lucky I didn't burst into flames upon passing over the threshold. Mike, meanwhile, has been rediscovering his Catholicism over the past year, and is increasingly involved with his parish. It was good to watch him up there in front of everyone, reading a passage from Exodus.

I may celebrate Easter by going out to the nearest Wegmans and buying the components for my yearly charoset. Might take a drive along Skyline Drive while I'm at it. In the meantime, I wish all and sundry a very Happy Easter.

Some links to past Easter posts:

1. Put it down.

2. Four days before my mother presented with cognitive symptoms. At this point, none of us really understood that Mom had a brain tumor.

3. First Easter without Mom.

4. Contra Sam Harris.


_

No comments: