Sunday, November 08, 2020

expect a report

I'll report back later today after I do my awards-plaque reconnoiter.  I've learned that the French term for such a plaque is une plaque de récompense, and the Korean term is apparently sang-pae (상패), sang being the word meaning "prize" or "award."

Speaking of promises yet to be kept:  I am indeed working on the epilogue post to my walk blog, but don't just sit around waiting:  go to that blog and enjoy the full complement of photos, which I uploaded several days ago.  Blogger allows you to create your own slide show simply by clicking on a single photo in any given blog post:  click on the photo, and the slide show automatically appears.  The photos are either vertical "portrait"-style images or horizontal "landscape"-style images.  If you want to blow the portrait-style pics up to full size, then call up the slide show, and when you encounter a portrait pic, right-click on it and select "Open Image in New Tab" from the drop-down menu that appears.  The landscape pics ought to appear large enough on your screen, depending on how big your monitor is.  If they're still too small for your taste, then use the same procedure described above to enlarge the images.

I think the epilogue post will come out this week, but there's a hell of a lot to write, especially seeing as this is my final walk along the Four Rivers path for the next while.  I have a lot of thoughts to put on paper, so to speak, and more thoughts keep popping into my head.  Sit tight; a post is definitely coming.




No comments: