Monday, November 09, 2020

question for those of you with beards

I'm keeping my beard, at least for the next while.  Am I supposed to trim it periodically?  It certainly looks to be in need of trimming, and the mustache portion of the beard is now starting to droop over my upper lip, which is going to make eating anything awkward.  The thing itches like hell; this is the facial equivalent of wearing a penitential hair shirt.  I feel every tic, smile, and grimace.  If I trim it, how far to do I cut the beard hair back?  Do I have to oil the thing?  My coworker offered me some beard oil the other day; the shit stank, and I ended up having to wash it off my face.  I tried texting my brother Sean for advice (Sean's had a beard for a while, now), but he never responded.  All advice welcome.




1 comment:

John from Daejeon said...

First, Google "beard care." I've had a beard for over 25 years now, and all I do is trim it back once it gets to itching too much and when it gets too long over my top lip. I trim it back to a decent stubble and let it grow for a few weeks and repeat. I sometimes let it grow longer, but then you need to keep it from getting unruly or let it go truly wild which can be a bit rough societal wise in South Korea. Do what works for you and check out "beard types/styles" for ideas.