Saturday, September 11, 2021

change in plan

I'm still at the office, slogging through the second of four chapters' worth of proofreading I need to get through today. My buddy JW texted that he was back from golf (his "business meeting"), and because it was so hot midday, he wanted to do our 35K walk starting in the late afternoon tomorrow. I told him that would mean ending the walk around 1 or 2 a.m., which would make it too late for us to take a train back to Seoul. I added that I was okay with staying in Yangpyeong and leaving for Seoul on Monday morning, but I didn't know what his situation was. Ultimately, we decided to take a rain check on the Hanam-Yangpyeong walk... we'll do it after I'm back from my east-coast trek.

But I'm still walking this weekend. I'm going to leave the office late tonight and do 35K to Bundang and back. I'll then sleep a few hours, wake up, do the stair work and resistance work that I failed to do today, then go to the office again to finish proofreading the three remaining chapters left to me (I was given seven chapters to proof). I've been wanting to get in at least one 35K walk before I do the big walk, both for the sake of conditioning and to ram home the point that I'm back to 100% when it comes to distance walking. As the weather cools down, I'll eventually start looking at doing another 60K crazy walk. The previous two happened around February, but I might do one before this year is up.



No comments: