Sunday, September 12, 2021

third time's a charm

And once again, I've failed to walk 35K. Walked to Bundang, then grabbed a cab home. Part of the problem was that I realized, as I was walking, that I still have a ton of proofreading to do at the office, so walking until 7 a.m., then sleeping and getting up late again, just wasn't feasible. No matter: in a few days, I'll be doing plenty of walking. Most of the upcoming trip will involve short legs of no more than 25K, although there are maybe three days when I do over 30K. I have no built-in break days this time, though, so I can't afford to flag. Based on tonight's walk, however, I think I'm now light enough that I won't have to worry too much about foot problems. I might still get blisters at some point, but my feet currently feel more comfortable than they've ever felt, and I owe it all to being nearly 30 kg lighter. (As I said last week, I may have gained a kilo or two, but I can still cinch my belt down to the same hole as before.)

So Sunday will be another work day for me, which I guess is nice because I can whittle down my comp-hour debt a bit more. I also have resistance training and stair work to do, although I may do only truncated versions of both activities, saving the full versions for the weekdays. Sometimes, wrestling with my conscience is a chore, but sometimes, I'm OK with making things easy for myself. Life is too short to spend it feeling bad all the time.



No comments: