Sunday, September 05, 2021

Sunday-morning numbers

Weight: 101.5 kg
BP: 137/88
Pulse: 67
BS: 93

Blood sugar, while not great, seems okay (although that may be thanks primarily to meds). I'd love to see it back in the 70s again, though. Pulse holds steady at 67, so that's all right. Blood pressure remains frustratingly high at 137/88, and I'm starting to wonder whether the only way to get my BP down is to train for marathons. Weight is a bit of a surprise, but I guess the belt didn't lie: I neither gained nor lost over this past week, which could mean the keto diet is actually working, despite the hiccup that was my birthday last Tuesday. Aside from my birthday, I touched no extra sugar all week.

Today is Sunday, a day of rest and liberal eating, so I may go a bit nuts with the calories, but I'll otherwise remain as sugar-free as is possible. (Then again, I'm currently munching on a chia-blueberry pudding, so there might be some sugar. In my defense, though, blueberries are considered keto in moderation.)

So that's the news I wake up to this week, Week 2 of keto. Could be worse, but could also be better. This coming week, the stair work ratchets up to 1.5 staircases. 

That's gotta bring the BP down, right? And when does my body start burning fat?



1 comment:

John Mac said...

Yeah, I'd say overall those stats are encouraging. I guess the BP is high for you, but that's pretty much my norm (and I do take BP meds every day). Then again, I used to be in the 160s, so 130s seems good to me.

Keep on keepin' on!