Tuesday, September 14, 2021

the Critical Drinker takes on "The Matrix Resurrections"

Pretty close to what I'm thinking, actually:

And if we continue to see Matrix movies whose titles keep up the "Re" trend ("The Matrix Reloaded," "The Matrix Revolutions," and now "The Matrix Resurrections"), what titles can we expect next?

The Matrix Reactivations?

The Matrix Redistributions?

The Matrix Reduplications?

The Matrix Rectal Invasions?

The Matrix Reimplantations?

The Matrix Regenerations?

The Matrix Republicans?

The Matrix Reciprocations?

The Matrix Reinvigorations?

The Matrix Refrigerations?

The Matrix Redecorated?

The Matrix Retardations?

The Matrix Regurgitations?

I could go on, but you get the idea.



6 comments:

Charles said...

The Matrix... Really?

That being said, I am kind of curious about this one. I always thought it was a shame that they never made any sequels to such a ground-breaking film. This may rectify that issue.

Kevin Kim said...

I assume that your phrase "to such a ground-breaking film" actually refers to the Matrix trilogy of films, i.e., including "Reloaded" and "Revolutions," yes? If you meant only the first film, well... I'd actually agree with that sentiment: the two sequels that came after "The Matrix" were far inferior, although I did see some good points about the second film (in fact, I think the original trilogy shouldn't have been a trilogy: it should have ended on the cliffhanger at the end of "Reloaded"). I wrote a bit about this earlier.

Charles said...

I have no idea what you are talking about. They never made any sequels to The Matrix, for whatever reason. It's up there near the top of my list of stand-alone films, maybe a spot or two above Highlander.

Kevin Kim said...

I kinda thought that's where you were headed. Had to be sure, though.

Charles said...

In case you haven't seen it...

Kevin Kim said...

It all makes sense now.