Monday, September 13, 2021

the plan for this week (I think)

Subject to change, of course:

Monday (lunch only)
Finish proofing Units 6 and 7 of the Book 7 textbook.
Late afternoon: shop for Middle Eastern chicken & Italian sausage ingredients.
Walk 140 minutes. Do resistance work.
Begin prepping Middle Eastern chicken (sauce, chickpeas, zucchini, pistachios, feta).
Repair pants pocket.

Tuesday (fasting)
10 a.m.: visit rental office & talk about handling October rent.
Haircut, 10:30 a.m.
Proof Book 7, Unit 4.
Review all Book 7 mistakes w/designer. Continue proofreading Book 3 (Unit 5).
Bring pork belly home from office.
Do 1.5 staircases. Do resistance work.
Walk 70 minutes.
Prep Italian sausages (pork belly + ground pork) as parting gifts for Friday.

Wednesday (fasting)
Morning: trip out to closest train station & get ticket to Jejin Station (east coast).*
Review Book 3, Unit 5, with designer. Proofread Book 3, Units 7-8.
Walk 140 minutes. Do resistance work.
Prep more of Middle Eastern chicken (raisins, figs, herbs, chicken, couscous).
Start finalizing the packing of the backpack.

Thursday (hospital appointment + cheat day!)
Do 1.5 staircases in the early morning—6 a.m.
Visit hospital, 9 a.m. Learn new numbers. Pick up new meds for 100 days.
Review Book 3, Units 6-8, with designer. Proofread Units 9-10.
[No walking or resistance work. It's the day before the big trip east.]
Finish Middle Eastern chicken (throw everything together). Pack pistachios separately.

Friday (leave for Goseong + month-long cheat day begins!).
Finalize packing. Take everything to office (to leave for bus from office).
Review Book 3, Units 9-10, with designer. No time for 2nd proof of Book 3.
Serve food for office party and dole out sausages.
Leave straight from office for the east coast, 3 or 4 p.m.
Arrive destination (Haedang-hwa Pension) by 8 or 9 p.m.

__________

*I only just discovered there's a train station, Jejin (제진), which is only 3.7 kilometers away from Haedang-hwa Pension. I can take the KTX out to Gangneung Station, then grab the local Donghae Bukbu Railway line up the coast, get off at Jejin Station, and walk to the pension. Hey, if it keeps me off a bus, I'm all for it. Buses are uncomfortable for long-distance rides. I'll have to visit a train station and talk to an agent about the best route out there... will likely do that Wednesday morning.


7 comments:

daeguowl said...

I think the station at 제진 is one of those that has been pre-built in preparation for reunification and doesnt actually have trains running yet. It certainly doesnt appear in the train ticket app.

Kevin Kim said...

I'll be sure to check. When I looked up the 동해북부선, there was a map that showed 제진역 on it. Maybe it was a bit optimistic.

Yeah, I just saw other maps that put 제진역 on a dotted line, i.e., still in development.

Kevin Kim said...

Wikipedia has an interesting article about the 동해북부선. It sure doesn't look to be completed, so I guess I'm back to last year's plan: express bus to Sokcho, local bus to Goseong, then a cab to the pension. What a pain. At least I know the way this time.

daeguowl said...

You can take a bus from 동서울 to 대진 which is not too far south of 제진. Looks like about a 3 hour trip. But you should book tickets asap as they seem to be going fast.

Kevin Kim said...

I see that 대진's terminal is 6 or 7 km from Haedang-hwa Pension. I could easily walk that. OK, I'll see about getting a ticket. Surely there's not just one bus per day going out that way, right? And this would be for the 17th, just before Chuseok. Are there lots of people visiting the beach at the end of the summer during Chuseok season? I bet not. Anyway, I'll get the ticket tomorrow if I can, or I'll do it Wednesday. Thanks for the suggestion.

daeguowl said...

I replied to the email i received alerting me to your reply but dont know whether or not that will bypass your spam filters especially as it had photos attached. If you didnt receive it let me know and i will send it properly.

Kevin Kim said...

I didn't even know my blog sent out email alerts about replies. For what it's worth, I'm seeing nothing in email—not in my trash, and not in my spam mailbox, so I guess you'll have to send again through different channels.