Tuesday, August 30, 2022

I've settled on chili dawgs

Tomorrow's my birfday, and I'm making my own celebratory meal. To that end, I'm getting the ingredients, tonight, to make chili dogs (Costco run!), and I'll bring in enough food to feed my office and maybe one or two other offices down the hall. So, yeah: tomorrow's a cheat day. Expect pics. Shopping list:

  • hot-dog buns
  • Kirkland franks
  • beef to grind
  • shredded cheese (not sure whether I want to bother with cheese sauce or not)
  • relish (or pickles to mince into relish)
  • chips?
  • Costco dessert?

I'm trying to figure out how to do my shopping and get my walk in (despite the rain) today. I think I'm going to have to walk late tonight, maybe even past midnight, so I can do my meat-grinding and other prep at a reasonable hour (don't wanna disturb the neighbors). The days continue to be unseasonably cool: it's about 67°F (19.4°C) right now. Poncho weather!



No comments: