Friday, August 19, 2022

looks to be a poncho kind of night

Tonight's long walk will involve rain gear—not that that ever helps much. Tomorrow, if the forecast is to be trusted, I should be all clear to enjoy a rain-free walk down to Bundang.

Trip update: I'll be visiting a travel agency over the weekend so I can purchase a round-trip ticket to Jeju Island and back. In talking with my boss today, I told him I'd like to confine my travel dates to October, thus avoiding September entirely. That means the walk ought to be cooler, although with Jeju as far south as it is, the weather down there might still be warm even in October. Oh, and once I get my travel dates arranged, I guess I'll need to start calling pensions on Jeju to make reservations. While I was able to find pensions on a same-day basis during my east-coast walk, I've got a feeling that the Jeju-based facilities will be a bit more persnickety given how touristy the island has become since my last visit there in 1986.



No comments: