Wednesday, August 17, 2022

you don't need to be religious to homeschool

Woke gender-ideology nonsense is a damn good reason to whisk your kids out of school and teach them at home. Here's one woman's story:

ADDENDUM: the lady does say some things I disagree with. For example, she thinks it's "garbage" to separate the concepts of sex and gender. Now, I'm aware there are scientists out there, like Dr. Deborah Soh, who think gender is as rooted in biology as sex is. I need to look more deeply into Soh's argument before I judge her position, but I grant that at least some scientists and laypeople represent a school of thought saying sex and gender are both biological. That said, I maintain that sex is biological while gender is a social construction: gender roles change, after all, from generation to generation. So please don't assume I blindly agree with everything being said in this video. More generally, please don't assume every video or meme I put up gets a 100% stamp of approval from me. There's room, in my thinking, for nuance and difference, and this doesn't always come out in a short blog post.



1 comment:

Charles said...

Oh, no worries. There was no way I was ever going to feed this to my YT algorithm anyway. I'd spend weeks pruning homeschooling content from my recommendations.