Friday, August 26, 2022

Thursday-night stroll

the hamnyubu/합류부 (confluence) of the Tan Creek and Han River, seen from the west side

a wider shot

This path is new to me, but it parallels a familiar biking/walking path.

I took the road less traveled by...

approaching the Cheongdam Bridge

the sign for Cheongdam Bridge (Cheongdam-dong is next to Samseong-dong and COEX)

Yeongdong Bridge from a distance

one of many fishermen along the Han, hoping to catch his dirty, polluted fish

Yeongdong Bridge as I approach it

Yeongdong Bridge

not the same buildings I photographed previously

huge line of cars waiting to leave the lot... was this overflow parking for the stadium?

another line of cars on my side of the Tan Creek

bridges sometimes remind me of cathedrals or temples

a tranquil look along the Yangjae Creek

Tonight's walk was 224 minutes long, or about 18K, the same distance as a walk down to Bundang. I've been doing long walks every day this week, which is unusual for me. I normally do longer walks on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, plus a super-long walk on Saturdays. Guess I just felt motivated this week.



1 comment:

John Mac said...

I always enjoy these shots of the river and city skyline. It appears the paths you walk are lighted well. Is that the case everywhere you go, or do you occasionally need your phone's flashlight?

That it is safe to walk about at night in the big city speaks well of Seoul. Can you imagine doing your late-night walks in DC or Chicago?