Wednesday, February 28, 2024

pies

I hadn't done apple pies in a while. This one got suntanned. I ate the darkest part of the crust myself to spare my boss and coworker any misery. It tasted fine, especially with ice cream.

I had enough filling and crust dough left over to make a mini-pie, which turned out better than the larger pie. Here it is before it got devoured:

I didn't use the broiler as long this time, switching it off after only ten minutes.

That's Korean turbinado sugar on top, held in place by egg wash.

À la mode.

Oh, yeah: I added pineapple. Delicious.

My boss and coworker ate heartily and complimented the pie, so there's that.



1 comment:

John Mac said...

Damn you for triggering a craving that will be hard to satiate. It looks amazing to me, especially with ice cream.

I guess I'll have to see what's in the dessert display at Sit-n-Bull.