Sunday, April 28, 2024

food

I'm prepping galbi (beef short ribs) for the troops, to be served on Tuesday (my Korean coworker is moving on Monday, so he'll be out of the office). I'll be eating the meat and sides on that day, but not the rice, which I'll serve to my boss and coworker. There's a microwaveable rice that requires no prep at all, so the only real effort is in prepping and cooking the meat, which is marinating as I type this. I'll cook everything tomorrow, and we'll chow down on Tuesday.

I'm also prepping for the rest of the week, making myself the keto version of an American breakfast: sausage, bacon, eggs, and pancakes/waffles* with keto syrup (strawberry, blueberry, or maple). Four days of that ought to be awesome. And this is a new recipe for keto pancakes, so my fingers and tentacles are crossed in the hope that the recipe works out.

It's a lot of cooking, but once it's done, it's fire-and-forget, like a Sidewinder missile.

__________

*I have a mini waffle iron!



No comments: