Wednesday, April 24, 2024

trying to find a cartoon

I had this conversation with ChatGPT:

You: Can you tell me what year Berke Breathed drew a cartoon (I can't remember whether it was "Bloom County" or "Outland") in which a jogger gets hit by a meteor after bragging about his healthy habit of jogging? And to whom was the jogger talking? Opus the penguin or Steve Dallas?

ChatGPT: That cartoon you're referring to is from "Bloom County." It was drawn by Berke Breathed and was published on October 5, 1986. In the cartoon, the jogger who gets hit by the meteor was boasting about his jogging habit to Steve Dallas, not Opus the penguin. It's one of the memorable moments from the strip, highlighting the quirky humor and social commentary characteristic of Breathed's work.

I'm still looking for the cartoon. If you find it, please link it to me, and please tell me how you found it. I tried a lot of search strings that I thought were clever.



4 comments:

daeguowl said...

This one? https://images.app.goo.gl/d7hXkyXrpPKwiFBZ7

daeguowl said...

Tracked down by googling bloom county meteorite jogging, which lead me to this. https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbookcollecting/comments/udmg4l/berkeley_breathed_rarity/

Kevin Kim said...

I think I used almost that exact search string. Maybe I should've looked deeper into Reddit. Interesting that it should appear as a 1990s "Outland" comic and not the 1986 "Bloom County" comic. Maybe it's a reprint.

John Mac said...

I'm impressed with the concise answer from ChatGPT. Maybe it adds some value after all.