Monday, April 29, 2024

insulin-pen needle update

Feeling lazy, I had an idea and took a look at whether Coupang sold insulin-pen needles... and they do! This immediately resolved the question of whether you need a prescription just for the needles (you obviously don't), and it eliminated the need to go to the med-supply store, thus catering to my laziness. So I've ordered the needles (box of 100), and they'll be arriving tomorrow. I didn't use insulin last night, and this morning's blood-sugar reading, while a bit high because I'd eaten my breakfast-dinner very late in the evening last night, was only in the 160s today purely thanks to my pills. Not tragic at all, and tomorrow's reading, after tonight's long walk, will be even lower—at a guess, 140-ish if I behave myself for the rest of today. And we ought to keep going down from there. 

'Twould be nice to see 120-something by Sunday morning.

ADDENDUM: and to answer a question no one has asked yet: I did check to see whether there'd be any compatibility issues if I order a different brand of needle from the ones I had. According to the all-wise internet, most of these needles are interchangeable; just be mindful of their length (3-5 mm; mine were specifically 4 mm).



No comments: