Monday, April 22, 2024

bet on the chromosomal male

Three weeks earlier, I'd put up swimmer Riley Gaines's tweet about this:

As I've said many times before, I see no moral problem with someone's having a bone-deep conviction that s/he belongs in a different body. If anything, I salute the sheer cojones it takes to want to undergo surgical alteration and hormone treatment in pursuit of that vision. But as I've also said, I have a moral problem with the athletes who go beyond that simple desire to wanting to compete with biological women in track and field, MMA, weightlifting, etc. Biological males shouldn't be allowed to win prizes meant for biological females. A biological male in the MMA octagon should never, ever be allowed to pound on a biological female. Women deserve their competitive spaces. For trans people, start a damn trans league.

Here's Pierre Poilievre's perspective.



No comments: