Monday, April 29, 2024

this is what you do when your dog suddenly turns on you

Kristi Noem's new book has some passages in it that may have made her into kryptonite for Donald Trump's campaign. In one passage, she talks about having shot one of her dogs, which had proved to be unruly, untrainable, and a terror to her neighbors' livestock. What do you do with an obstreperous animal like that? You put it down. That's life on a farm, folks. Liberals are apparently making a big stink about this, and the optics probably affect Noem's chances of becoming Trump's running mate, but it is what it is. Styx calls this a "nothingburger," which it is, but I suspect Noem has torpedoed her chances at the VP slot.





4 comments:

John from Daejeon said...

The fact that she is pro-gun, and knows how to use it, endears herself to more of us than Tulsi does. It's a bonus as to just how much it upsets the left, but you are right that it might cost him squeamish women voters.

Kevin Kim said...

The fact that she is pro-gun, and knows how to use it

Why am I suddenly thinking of ZZ Top?

John Mac said...

I can relate. Any sane owner would have put a dog like my Lucky down already. I forgave him the bite, but he continues to display a worrisome temperament. I think he is stupid and possibly mentally ill. I seriously considered having a vet end his life, but I just can't pull the trigger, so to speak. Anyway, I respect Noem's courage to do what she had to do.

Kevin Kim said...

John Mac,

I'm sorry to hear that about Lucky. You may find yourself having to make a crucial-but-painful decision one of these days.