Sunday, April 21, 2024

the hate-watching has begun!

I just watched the first episode of Season 1 of "Star Trek: Picard." I didn't think the episode was all that bad, to tell you the truth. It didn't introduce all of the main characters in the series quite yet, but it laid out the basic premise and seemed to have a lot of potential. I assume the rest of Season 1 and all of Season 2 will drop the ball, though, so I'm bracing for impact. I'll be sure to write a review once I've made it through the first two seasons. I can say, though, that I now understand one of the main complaints about "Picard," Season 3: the Borg are apparently front and center in this story. They seem to dominate each season's storyline, and Episode 1 of Season 1 ends with a shot of what appears to be an abandoned and refurbished Borg cube being used as a research facility.

Expect a review in a few weeks.



No comments: