Wednesday, October 04, 2017

the Brian

I met my friend Brian on the trail today. It's Chuseok Day, so the bike path was empty of the usual holiday crowds. Brian strolled alongside me as I limped eastward; we talked about this and that. At one point, we sat down, and Brian lifted two bits of treasure out of his backpack: bottles of Bundaberg ginger beer—and still cold, no less! That was very considerate. I responded by offering Brian some spicy jerky and trail mix, but I think I got the better end of the deal: the Bundaberg really hit the spot. We ate and drank and contemplated the airplanes taking off almost directly above us as they departed the nearby Incheon International Airport.

The pic below shows Brian as he's just about to leave and head for home. His son was waiting for him at the house, and his wife had to work today, but Brian and the fam have plans to see the Korean relatives on the morrow. I was happy to stroll and talk with Brian for a brief while, and I'm sure we'll meet again soon.

No comments: