Thursday, May 28, 2015

fingers and tentacles crossed

Tomorrow, Friday, I'm off to the US Embassy in downtown Seoul to try and obtain my mother's naturalization records. Unlike my previous trip with my Ajumma and Ajeossi, I'm going it alone this time, and I'm not hopeful. Bureaucracies are big and powerful; it often takes a lot of time and repeated effort to chip away at them in order to get what you want. That's a shame, but it's also a fact of life. Wish me luck as I enter the maw.

A lovely young lady is coming over on Saturday, which means I'm also spending my Friday shopping for dinner materials. On the menu: an appetizer (as yet undetermined), shrimp pesto pasta, garlic bread, insalata caprese, and Korean cheesecake topped with homemade whipped cream and berry sauce. A busy weekend, indeed.

I sent off a ton of money to my US bank account today, but I still have nearly $1,500 in the bank to tide me over for the next little while. I'll have enough for a Costco run tomorrow.


_

2 comments:

John (I'm not a robot) said...

Good luck with the Embassy.

"A lovely young lady..." Good luck with that as well!

Kevin Kim said...

Many thanks!