Saturday, May 30, 2015

yeesh (as prep continues)

I live in a tiny studio, so you'd think it'd be easy to clean up and manage. In my case, cleanup took a bit more time than expected, but it's done, and I've been slow-motion Iron Chef-ing my way through this evening's meal. Pesto has been made, along with a pesto-themed dressing to pour over the caprese. A chocolate ganache made from Nutella, heavy cream, and sugar is now done. Oi-kimchi, a little of which will go along with the chicken-satay appetizer, is also done. I made a triple-berry sauce last night; the drizzled ganache, the berry sauce, and a dollop of homemade whipped cream (oh, yeah—made that, too) will top slices of Korean cheesecake, which I happen to like a lot more than, say, Costco's typical American-style cheesecake, which is way too heavy for me. I've also shaved some Romano for use in decorating the pasta.

With about an hour to go before I need to head off to meet my dinner guest, I've still got to prep the shrimp and mushrooms for the pesto pasta; I also need to form up the caprese itself. First, however, I'll probably tackle the garlic butter for use on the garlic bread. I'll prep the bread, and other things, once my guest arrives.

It's an open studio, and all I have is a kitchenette with no counter space, so there's no curtain for me to hide behind while I'm prepping food. I'm thinking of actually involving my lady friend in some of the cooking; she might enjoy a hands-on experience.

Get your mind out of the gutter.


_

No comments: