Tuesday, September 01, 2015

how to make a good day even better

The long-anticipated September windfall begins!

I just received an automated text message saying that my university pension was heading my way, and sure enough, a few minutes later—boom! There it was. Quite a surprise to receive the pension this early. To be honest, I didn't expect it until mid-September. There was another pleasant surprise, too: instead of W4.7 million, it was W4.8 million. A mere W100,000 is chicken feed in the greater scheme of things, but it's awesome to have a bit more spending money all the same. I just wired $600 home today, but sometime this week or next week I'll be wiring home $3500 to my US account. Some of that will go to one of my creditors; the rest will sit there, waiting to be used when I'm in the States this October for Sean's wedding.

This is the windfall month, and there's more money on the way. I'm expecting W600,000 from Seoul National University; my August 20 KMA gig's payment will probably arrive in my account (W470,000) around September 10. I've got two more KMA gigs happening this month (almost a million won right there); they're taking place early enough that I'm hoping they'll pay out in September as well. If not, it's no biggie: the money arrives when it arrives; the math works out the same, even if the timing doesn't.

Now I need to go purchase a hanbok and a plane ticket.


_

1 comment:

brier said...

When it rains it pours, or something like that.