Saturday, February 03, 2018

eaters of the garbage plate

I had to field complaints that there was too much rosemary on the potatoes (which was true, alas), but my guests got through most or all of their respective heaps of Rochester garbage. Tom and I cleaned our plates; Charles (below, right) made a brave try, but in the end, the pasta salad defeated him. I wasn't offended: I had originally predicted that I would be the only one to get through the meal.

Tom brought beer for the occasion, so Charles joined him in tasting at least two different kinds. I tanked up on Coke and Dr. Pepper and Bundaberg.

All in all, a decent meal. As I told my friends, though, I don't think I'll be doing the garbage plate again: it's a weird jumble of clashing flavor profiles. While today's meal was tolerably edible, I think that, in the future, I'll stick to more conventionally conceived dishes.

1 comment:

Charles said...

My own postmortem will be coming along soon--it's been a busy weekend.

The long and short of it, though, is that it was a great time, even if I was defeated by the pasta salad.