Thursday, February 22, 2018

the gods are against me

I had been waiting for "Thor: Ragnarok" to appear on home video; it was scheduled to appear on iTunes this past February 20, and it did indeed show up... but only the HD version of the movie was on sale. This happens rather frequently: while some movies' HD and SD (high-definition and standard-definition) versions go on sale at the same time, most of the big-name films will stagger their sales by delaying the arrival of the SD version a couple weeks. This is frustrating for those of us who buy only SD movies (I have a tiny laptop with a tiny screen, so HD is wasted on me), and I had forgotten to factor this inconvenience in when I was waiting for "Ragnarok" to arrive. Alas, the SD version of the movie won't be available until March 6, so I have almost two more weeks to wait. Dammit.

To comfort myself, I have two movies in my iTunes "unwatched" queue: "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri," and "Darkest Hour," the film about Churchill that stars Gary Oldman under a ton of makeup. Those two films will have to do for now.