Sunday, February 04, 2018

garbage plate: the variant

The two pics below show tonight's meal: a venerable variant of the garbage plate that includes burger patties (or, in this case, one six-ounce [approx. 170 g] burger patty).

I did the potatoes differently, using fresh Italian parsley this time around. The result was fantastic, and I regretted that Tom and Charles couldn't have had these potatoes instead of the overly rosemaryed ones they had eaten.

While I still don't think I'll be making garbage plates again anytime soon, tonight's meal felt more like a proper garbage plate than did the meal on Saturday. Sorry, guys.






5 comments:

John Mac said...

Yesterday's version is certainly more visually appealing, to my eyes at least.

Kevin Kim said...

Not sure what you mean by "yesterday." You're writing this comment on a Monday, so "yesterday's version" could mean "Sunday's version." But you're responding to a blog post written on a Sunday, so "yesterday's version" could mean "the previous day's version," i.e., the Saturday garbage plate.

Charles said...

I knew we were just guinea pigs.

Kevin Kim said...

Charles,

Seems that way. Sorry about that. The Sunday potatoes really were magnificent. I won't redo the garbage plate, but I'll try to incorporate the taters in some future lunch or dinner.

John Mac said...

Yeah, I meant Saturday's version. Sorry for the confusion.