Thursday, February 17, 2022

Amazon Ads

Sales of my book remain flat, so I'm trying something called Amazon Ads. You set a daily budget (they recommend $10 a day), set a time period during which ads for your book will show, and then some of your daily budget gets spent on ads that have a good chance of converting to sales... or something like that. You're not spending $10 a day; you're merely budgeting $10 a day, and that's the maximum that you spend. This whole thing is a big experiment for me, so instead of setting my ad campaign as having "no end date," I'm doing this for only a week just to see how it goes. Thus far, my automatically generated ads have made 66 impressions, i.e., they've appeared 66 times in front of different people using Amazon, but this has resulted in zero sales. Will I continue after a week? Maybe. It may simply take some time for my book to gather momentum, then boom! Or not. Right now, I'm betting on or not. Maybe I'll give the campaign to the end of March. I'm the meantime, I'm hoping my few purchasers will write reviews because I think that helps the algorithm place my book higher in people's searches, and it'll persuade the cautious to try the book out. I mean, come on—the e-book is only $2.99, and from March 6 to 13, it'll be only $1.99! A steal!

ADDENDUM: I just checked my Teespring account for the first time in a long time, and I've got a whopping ten dollars coming my way! Woo-hoo!



2 comments:

John Mac said...

Good luck with this. I'm not sure how it works on Amazon but in my internet travels I almost never even notice the ads directed at me.

Kevin Kim said...

Before I left for work, I had 90-some impressions and only one click-through, which didn't end with a purchase. The whole thing is a crap shoot.