Saturday, February 19, 2022

huh?

Just got this email from the Amazon Ads people:

I have a weird feeling that some PC cunt just doesn't want an ad for a homeschooling book up on Amazon, so he's looking to drum up any excuse to make life hard for me. 

There's no random capitalization anywhere in my ad. The software doesn't allow for italics, so all I could do was capitalize the words of the book's title. Also, did you notice how, in the above criticism, the period sits outside the quotation mark after the word "acceptable"? That's UK English, not US English. I'm not going to be lectured on language mechanics by people who fuck it up. Well, for what it's worth, I've appealed the so-called "moderation" of my ad, and if nothing happens, then I'm dropping Amazon Ads altogether in order to look for other ways to market the book. (Not that Amazon Ads has actually helped up to this point: the ads for my e-book and print book have had over 300 impressions, resulting in only 2 click-throughs and no sales. Utterly useless.) UPDATE: I've simply stopped the ad campaign. Fuck them.


2 comments:

John Mac said...

Wow! I can't imagine what the hell they are thinking here, but your supposition makes as much sense as anything. I can see why you dropped them completely, but I hope it doesn't let the asshole who flagged your ad get away with it. I hope you at least can file a complaint so someone with some sense at Amazon can see what is going on.

John from Daejeon said...

File a complaint using an actual letter. I've gotten more traction using letters as most emails just generate an automated response.