Friday, February 25, 2022

the Amazon version

The much-anticipated Amazon.com version of my print book arrived in the mail. As I knew it would be, it's somewhat smaller than the printed-in-Korea version, as is the text inside the book. The cover's glossy finish is smoother than the Korean version's, but the Amazon version lacks any spine text, which is a bit of a bother, especially since both books' spines are the same thickness (which wasn't obvious at first). The Amazon version's cover also has that telltale crease indicating this was a self-published work. Anyway, some pics:

Amazon version (6" × 9") on the left, printed-in-Korea version (B5 size) on the right

back covers

see the difference in the spines?

top book: B5-size, printed-in-Korea version with blown-up text
bottom book: 6" × 9" size, Amazon version with normal-sized text

shrouded in mystery

There's your comparative tour for the day. I really wish I could have put text on the Amazon version's spine, but otherwise, I generally like what Amazon did with the book. This makes me anticipate the printing of my movie-review book all the more.



No comments: