Sunday, May 08, 2022

it's all happening today

Today is both the Buddha's Birthday and Parents' Day. Korea doesn't divide things up into Mother's Day and Father's Day. What will you be doing today?

I started trying to rearrange some furniture last night, and I suddenly realized I was going to have to rearrange a lot more than anticipated to achieve my desired results. So that's today's major project, along with starting to make components for the upcoming office luncheon (this Friday the... thirteenth). I'm making nachos for the crew, but the chips will be homemade, and along with the regular taco beef, I'll also be serving chorizo-style pork. Yeah! 

Certain components of the meal can be made in advance, like the salsa, meats, beans, and chips, but other components, like the lettuce, need to be prepped at the very last minute to ensure freshness. So I'll be prepping little by little all week long until Friday morning. Here's hoping the meal comes out well. 



No comments: