Monday, May 30, 2022

60K, attempt #2

We have this coming Wednesday off because South Korea is having another election day, this time for local and regional offices. I think I'm going to try the 60K walk again, starting Tuesday night and ending Wednesday around 11 a.m. 

One hitch: according to my new schedule, I'm supposed to be fasting Monday through Wednesday. If I do this walk, though, I don't think I'll be able to do it on an empty stomach, so I may end up eating at some point, maybe right before the walk, and possibly snacking along the way. That carries the risk of forcing me to poop while on the trail, but I know where the functioning bathrooms will be, so that shouldn't be too big of a problem. 

I'll also try to take longer rest breaks this time: when I rested this weekend, it was only for about 10 minutes at a time. I somehow couldn't lie still for my usual 30-minute nap. I'll have to force myself to stay off my feet longer in hopes of recharging myself enough to walk the whole distance this time. This past attempt felt like a failure of character, more lack of will than lack of endurance.

I normally get things right on the second try, though, so I'm hopeful that a second attempt will end in success. We'll see soon enough.



No comments: