Tuesday, May 31, 2022

leaving in a few minutes for another adventure

Election day tomorrow, and the boss has let me leave early again, so I'm departing in a few minutes to re-attempt the 58K walk from my office in Daechi-dong all the way out to Yangpyeong, south and east. Ought to be fun. The forecast no longer shows rain in my future, so I think we're all clear. I plan to rest more often and longer this time; the point is just to make the distance and not give up. This is very much a mental game, now; as I thought over why I failed this past weekend, I realized it was mainly because I was feeling lazy, not because I was in so much pain that I couldn't continue. What plagued me was simple fatigue; I was suffering no strains or blisters or abrasions. So this is really just a matter of will, and this time, I'm gonna do it. I know fatigue; it can be beaten. This walk is possible.

Later.



3 comments:

Charles said...

So... you're not going to vote? Or are you going to do it later tonight?

Kevin Kim said...

As an ignorant, uneducated voter, I would probably do more harm than good if I voted.

Charles said...

Fair enough. I respect that.