Thursday, May 26, 2022

tonight's plan

I woke up too late, this morning, to do my morning exercises, so I'll be doing them this evening, along with all my other exercises. After only two days of this new regime, I'm an aching mass of blubber, and I'm going to have to decide, before next week, whether doing this every day is worth it. I might switch to a MWF schedule to give my poor muscles a chance to heal and regain some strength. I also forgot that I'll be starting my 60K walk to Yangpyeong tomorrow evening, so I'll be forgoing the exercise regime in order to concentrate on walking. That walk will start tomorrow evening around 7 p.m. (I'm going to head out straight from work), and I won't finish until about 16 or so hours later, i.e., a bit before noon on Saturday. I'll revel in all the nighttime walking, which ought to be nice and cool, but once the sun starts shining in earnest after Saturday's dawn, I'm gonna be hurtin' for the last few hours of the walk (hat and toshi will accompany me!). That said, I'll be glad to have done the walk, which I normally do in February. I missed my February window this year, so I'm making up for it now, before the weather becomes too hot for daytime distance walking. Wish me luck.



1 comment:

John Mac said...

Good luck with the hike. I can't even imagine what walking all through the night must be like. I know I'm incapable of that kind of distance in a single effort anyway, but hiking in lieu of sleep--no way!

I'm in awe. Some. And so are you. (Awesome I mean, see what I did there? Yeah, I can't help myself. Even when I'm sober.)