Tuesday, April 09, 2024

... then it all went to shit

Brief update: I'm in the hospital. Sunday night, after I'd Skyped with my buddy Mike, things got way worse on the breathing front, and this lasted through Monday. I somehow managed to get out of my apartment, on Monday, to see my local doc; he did the usual checks associated with my stroke and diabetes, then he did a few extra checks: an x-ray, an EKG, and a good listen through a stethoscope. Looking somber, he recommended that I visit a hospital ER right away because he didn't like what he was seeing on the EKG. I visited my boss since I was in the same complex where I work; he offered to drive me to the ER, and my Korean coworker insisted on coming along. Long story short: I started off in the ER, then got admitted, so I'll be here a few days as I'm put through a "course" of treatment. More specifics later.



4 comments:

John Mac said...

Wow! Things changed in a hurry. So glad you are getting the treatment you need. My mind always goes to the "what if" scenarios, and getting admitted to the hospital is the best of those. Hope they can fix whatever is wrong soon.

Stay strong!

Charles said...

I was hoping you were doing better--sorry to hear that things took a turn for the worse. Good luck, and keep us posted when you can.

Daniel said...

Sorry to hear. Hope it's nothing serious. Keep us posted when you're feeling better. We're rooting for you!

Anonymous said...

+1 to the comments above. Get well soon.

Brian