Thursday, May 02, 2024

numbers

blood sugar: 158 (so I'm back down from the 240 spike)
blood pressure: 110/72
weight: 114 kg (2 kg drop from yesterday = water weight)
pulse-ox: 97%
pulse: 66
estimated A1c since 4/15: 7.34

I'm happy to see that my resting pulse remains down. Blood-pressure meds are also obviously working despite the reduction in meds. I wish my blood sugar were down further, but I'm glad I came right back from 240 the day before. Weight is, as we've established from my prodigious urine output at the hospital, mostly about the water right now. When I get down to 110 kg, we can start talking about real fat loss.

Yesterday was pretty ruthless: I stopped eating after lunch and had nothing at all from then until just now—true intermittent fasting. It wasn't all that bad; I entertained myself by watching more of Season 2 of "Picard," and I wasn't feeling all that happy after my phone conversation with M. (Being unhappy is a good way for me to stop eating. Unhappiness and outright anger both tend to chase away my appetite.)

Even though I'm back to injecting myself with insulin, I don't get the feeling that the injections do much, if anything. I might try a 3-day experiment in which I go off the injections and see what that does to my numbers.

My next hospital appointment is later this month May 24 (Fri.). Any experimenting will have to be well before then.



No comments: