Thursday, May 30, 2024

yesterday's walk

The sun was out when I started my chest-pained walk yesterday (left the office early), so I decided to take some lingering-daylight shots of the weird stage props(?) sitting in the creek. Some commenters suggested the display might be artistic in nature; my boss and coworker said the same. Again, there are no signs as there would be for an art exhibit. Another commenter suggested these might be set pieces of some sort. If so, why the normal-sized car paired with the miniature buildings (which are just façades—I should take a daytime shot of the whole thing's backside one day)? None of this makes any sense to me. But maybe daylight will help my readers guess what might be going on. I'm clueless.

Taken from a creek-spanning bridge:

Closer:

The car has an open door (this wasn't true last time):

Arch and building:

Maybe people are indeed setting up for some kind of performance. But if that's so, why are the stage props' scaffolding elements visible to the right (i.e., as you're facing the props)? Shouldn't the "guts" be invisible to an audience (i.e., facing toward the opposite bank of the creek)? Again, this makes no sense. Ça n'a aucun sens.

building's front, L-R, top-bottom: taekwondo, math academy, hair shop, music academy

The sign below says, "Careful, careful, and again, careful!" A warning about construction.

Big Daddy Government, with its cute, innocuous mascots, is always looking out for you.

By the way, we're getting close to the time of year when this creek floods during heavy rains. Come July, it'll be jangma season—the monsoon. Whatever props are being put up will need to have been taken down by then.



2 comments:

John Mac said...

Yeah, I was just wondering if that creek ever floods. Weird that the car door is open now. I'm looking forward to the mystery being solved.

Anonymous said...

I am still thinking movie set, but I would think that they would be on a pretty strict timetable and would not want the set to be exposed too long. As for the car being life sized, maybe they will do some scenes with actual people or something? *shrug

Like John, will be interesting to see what it is all about.

Brian