Monday, September 08, 2003

EAT MY FEAR

Remember that 2000 New York Cow Parade, the one where artists went to work on full-size fiberglass models of cows and had them displayed? Remember that David Lynch's fiberglass cow got rejected, because he'd beheaded it, hewn a huge bite mark into the cow's back, placed the cow's severed head into the bite, painted all the wounds bloody and scrawled on the cow's flank, "EAT MY FEAR"?

If you know where a picture of that cow resides online, please let me know. I want to permalink to it. I may even want this to be my site logo.

UPDATE: Never mind. But there have to be better pictures of it... the pic I remember had a clearer shot of the cow's face.

"I don’t think it will be a particularly friendly-looking cow," [Lynch] announced.

UPDATE 2: Will Osama bin Laden soon be eating his own fear? ABC has an exclusive. Don't get your hopes up, though; we've heard the "We're closing in!" line before. If we do catch bin Laden, I hope we can let David Lynch use him as an art project. Or let Marilyn Manson use him as a prop in his next concert.
_

No comments: