Saturday, September 06, 2003

a meditation from Glenn

There's White Glenn (Satan's Anus) and there's just good ole Glenn (Hi! I'm Black!).

Glenn has an interesting meditation on a deep division in the blogosphere. Here's his post in full:

Does it make any sense to rant and rave against an institution you have absolutely no chance of changing?

Everyday Bloggers vs. Pundit Bloggers. The Pundits are clearly winning the war.

Why? Do people not watch enough C-Span, or CNN, or *gasp* Fox "News"?

I go to some of the more popular Pundit blogs and I'm bored to tears. I swear to God, I'm bored to tears. Israel, Clinton, Bush, Presidential race, blah blah blah. IT'S B-O-R-I-N-G. (BTW, the only pundit blogger that holds my attention is Bill Dennis)

I don't find too many everyday bloggers all that interesting either. But let me tell you, the majority of blogs that I find interesting are everyday blogs by a ratio of at least 3 to 1.

It's not that I don't care about politics. It's not that I don't think they're important. I just think they're boring and dry. I think most politicians are actors and phonies and only do things that keep them in office.

So, it pisses me off that Pundit bloggers get all the f'ing pub. Most think they're frigging Sam Donaldson or Ted Koppel and what they write actually changes things. You ever read on some pundit blogs where they claim peeps in Washington are reading blogs and that it may affect policy? Are you out of your fucking mind? Are you delusional? You have got to be fucking kidding me.

I am mad. I will hurt someone.


Glenn gives me pause. I'm no pundit, after all: just a hairy asshole with a blog. As Glenn has noted previously, we bloggers have a narcissistic streak. Hmmmm.
_

No comments: